Would You please delete the page "Wiss Hiwi Programmierung DFG Projekt Fachwiki" Hschwarz 07:18, 22 July 2009 (UTC)
- Since this is just a scratchpad, I think it's ok for people to change the logo. If it starts getting vandalised, I'll protect it. Angela 19:17, 31 Jan 2005 (PST)
the Digital Worlds gang
You've moved Pippa Mitchell to User:Pippa Mitchell when his username appears to be Cmcd, based on the fact that he started editing his page under that name. The user Pippa Mitchell is not in the userlist.
Also, and this may be shocking and frightening (cover young childrens eyes now) but the page has been fully duplicated at Digital Worlds:Pippa Mitchell, not good for the Page History. I ask this: Delete Digital Worlds:Pippa Mitchell and move User:Pippa Mitchell there to move the history. Then, I guess you could redirect User:Cmcd there.
- Fixed. Angela 23:02, 1 Feb 2005 (PST)
Unless, of course, it's deemed pointless to move the history as it was just one guy continually editing his page, so his user page is moved to the right location and turned into a redirect. Actually I think I'll do that now, but this post will tell you why I did it, so it's still useful.
- I deleted some of the extra redirects since there were broken ones and pages in the wrong namespaces. Angela 23:02, 1 Feb 2005 (PST)
It just seems like he doesn't understand how things work. Could we get some kind of page on that, "Why to register" and "Don't just leave your Home with the prefix of your projectname, keep all pages under that name" (the rule doesn't exist, it's just that way in the example, i suppose since it confused one person it could confuse anyone) so that people could avoid mistakes like this and have a "more efficient" wiki use? I try to avoid making new pages on policy because I'm not running the wiki and such... Thanks --Me at work 17:27, 1 Feb 2005 (PST)
- RAWR! I hate when I do something so stupid. Now I see Chris McDowell, and "Cmcd? Oh, Chris MCDowell". Now that I've moved the user page to the appropriate page (cmcd did an awful lot of edits to a page not about himself, even stated that it was himself in the page) I find out it's wrong. The even bigger delimma is, what will Pippa Mitchell choose as his username? Will he ever choose one? It's rather confusing now. I ask your advice now that I've made the mistake of moving User:Pippa Mitchell to User:Cmcd and User_talk:IPaddy to User_talk:Cmcd. Where do you put a user page for a user who doesn't exist, and may never exist, which wasn't originally even written to be a user page but a subpage of the project? Continue on the "Delete Digital Worlds:Pippa Mitchell and move User:Cmcd there" plan?
- Apologies for making a confusing subject worse :( --Me at work 17:34, 1 Feb 2005 (PST)
- I think it looks fixed now. Angela 23:02, 1 Feb 2005 (PST)
I list some messages and their replacements. The idea is that this wiki will never really have "Community Portal" or "Current Events" but would be better with replacements. I'm thinking along the line of making the Community Portal text read "Mini Wiki List" and link to Mini wikis. I don't know what to put for current events, maybe some kind of timeline to keep track of how many mini wikis there are over time?
- "March 19, 2005 - Press Release - WikiCities celebrates its 100th scratchpad wiki. The Wikicities scratchpad is a wiki open to all individuals for temporary collaborative projects such as class projects. The first major class project was the Digital Worlds project, ..."
Just ideas. --Me at work 15:48, 2 Feb 2005 (PST)
Thanks for the admin privledges. I don't use them much (as you probably know), but it's good to have just in case. Let me know, if there's anything specific I can do to help out. --CocoaZen 19:46, 17 Feb 2005 (GMT) P.S. I like the scratchpad image on your user page!
A missing feature?
First, I feel the need to say that I think that this scratchpad initiative is a great idea of yours. Second, I think a very useful feature is still missing: a recent changes view for a particular scratchpad wikia. I guess that the current implementation is a MediaWiki software that treats all the scratchpad wikias together as a single wiki with categories. In this case, all we need is just an easy way to add a category to my watchlist. Coming to think of it, this might be a very useful feature for MediaWiki in general (so maybe it is already there?!).
- Ori Mosenzon 12:23, 24 June 2006 (UTC)
How can I get a sysop to this? --~BENDER 22:24, 29 October 2006 (UTC)
- I've made you an admin on the futurama wiki. Is that what you meant or do you have some reason for being one on the Scratchpad too? Are you willing to watch over all of the mini-wikis here? That's what adminship on this site is about, rather than only one section of the site. Angela talk 03:37, 30 October 2006 (UTC)
Hi Angela, Thank you for this space. I would like to know about the use: is it possible to get out some statistics? Best wishes, Martti Martti 22:22, 11 April 2009 (UTC)
- Hello. There are some stats at special:WikiaStats. If you'd like to see some stats just for your own content, you would need to visit w:c:requests and start a new wiki. I can help you help you move content from here to a new wiki - just send me an send me an email. Angela (talk) 23:05, 11 April 2009 (UTC)
- No. Angela talk 08:48, 22 November 2006 (UTC)
Sysop or Bureaucrat?
Sysop wasn't okay, what about bureaucrat, is that okay. That means . . . ownership, right? --Bender Bending Rodriguez 03:15, 2 December 2006 (UTC)
- No, it does not. There is no Ownership of wikis here. Please stop begging for adminship on every wiki. It really isn't necessary. Angela talk 04:18, 3 December 2006 (UTC)
Okay. --Bender Bending Rodriguez 03:08, 10 December 2006 (UTC)
There are several articles in need of deletion at the Candidates for speedy deletion category.. Could you help delete them? In particular, the articles I myself need deleted are Link, Link (Infinite RPGs) and Link (redirect for deletion). Thanks! ShadowUltra 22:01, 7 December 2006 (UTC)
- Sure, I'll do that now. Angela talk 05:37, 8 December 2006 (UTC)
- Thanks a lot! ShadowUltra 21:53, 12 December 2006 (UTC)
220.127.116.11 I got a vandal here! Also I was told that before I should make a Wiki, I should make a mini wiki here first! How big does it have to be before I can get a real wiki?--User:JohnSpartan117  12:51, 25 December 2006 (UTC)
NO, I didn't know that there's a Smalltalk wiki already. But what is smalltalk? A computer language or a conversation?
- It can be either, but the wiki is about the programming language. Angela talk 19:37, 6 January 2007 (UTC)
Thanks for setting this up; it's a great idea, and truly helpful indeed!
btw: I also like the spiral pad design very much! (What's the copyright of those two images?)
- Thanks - I can think of a couple of contexts where that background might fit in nicely (e.g. certain PowerPoint/Impress presentations) -- 2007-01-21
infinite confirmation loop
When using the "Prompt me when entering a blank edit summary" user option, the captcha extension will create an "infinite confirmation loop":
edit > save > captcha > blank edit summary warning > captcha > blank edit summary warning etc.
Just thought you'd like to know...
18.104.22.168 2007-01-22 10:27
Request for Deletion
Could you please delete all of the articles in the categories Category:Lakesaw and Category:Lakesaw Wiki, and then delete the articles for me? Thank you. --Waluigi Freak 99 23:35, 15 November 2007 (UTC)
- I'll do that now. Angela (talk) 00:00, 16 November 2007 (UTC)
Unprotection or change of Logo
- wow, thanks. hope people like it.Something 05:30, 5 December 2007 (UTC)
As far as semi-protection goes, just about every page on the wiki is vandalised, but specifically List of Wii Hardware users and BlackDoomShadow get constant attention from vandals. ShadowUltra 17:34, 25 May 2008 (UTC)
- I noticed you protected them, thanks a lot. This should definitely help. ShadowUltra 17:53, 25 May 2008 (UTC)
- No problem. Please let me know if the vandalism problems get worse and we can look at other ways of dealing with it. Angela (talk) 18:18, 25 May 2008 (UTC)
About a month and a half ago, this IP began regularly vandalising pages on this wiki and was blocked twice by User:GHe, first for a week and then for a month. His monthlong block is up and he has returned to blanking pages and posting obscene messages on every page. I would ask GHe if he could block the IP again, but he appears to be on a Wikibreak. ShadowUltra 15:12, 17 July 2008 (UTC)
- I've extended the block to a year. Thanks for pointing it out. Angela (talk) 19:09, 22 July 2008 (UTC)
Alright, I just have one question, why did you delete the page ? If it's because it says the word hack, that word does not always have to be bad. In this case, it only means that whomever is doing it is opening an item (such as some kind of electronic), poking, prodding, and putting new stuff in to make it serve a broader or more specific purpose. In fact, the word hack first meant this. The proper word for someone who commits illegal activities such as stealing passwords and the like, is actually cracker, as in cracking passwords. However if you chose to restore this page, you should watch out for crackers that try to post stuff on what they do, which is usually illegal. Thanks for your time! (Oh, sorry about posting this somewhere else, I didn't quite understand at first...)
- It was automatic deletion of a blank page. I don't know why it had been deleted, but I've now undeleted it and you're welcome to edit it at Hardware Hacks. Angela (talk) 13:00, 24 August 2008 (UTC)
Adopting a wiki after transfering?
- Sorry, I didn't know. Isn't it possible to change the main page of transfered mini-wikis with a message like in the German Mini-Wiki? Marta Ägnös (Talk, MUM, LC, DT, Wikia) 14:35, 4 November 2008 (UTC)
- Yes, that sounds a good idea. Angela (talk) 16:55, 4 November 2008 (UTC)
Hi Angela, I had requested a new page from Wikia and I was wondering if you had any idea how long it usually takes to get approval? I'm creating this page as part of a class assignment for a New Media & Social Technology course I am taking, and didn't exactly allot time in my schedule to waiting for approval... Also, in the meantime I created content in the temporary page, and was wondering if there is a way to transfer that content to the page once my request is approved?
- Your new wiki will be available at skiracing.wikia.com in a few minutes. Angela (talk) 07:59, 21 March 2009 (UTC)
Angela: I was just testing things out and posted a new page to scratchpad. How do I delete it?
Mini-wiki creation is bugged and/or deceptive.
Hi. I tried to start a mini-wiki yesterday and wait for a community before founding an entire empty wiki. Unfortunately, the button on the homepage sends the user to  without any warning. As a web developer, I passively noticed the URL change and should have done something different, but I didn't. So now I have that same daunting task I tried to avoid: . I hope either the language or the behavior will be changed so the user knows what s/he's doing. Thanks. :) --Jesdisciple (talk) 15:07, 8 May 2009 (UTC)
- Sorry for the confusion. I've now added an extra box and some headers to make it clear which one leads to a section here and which one leads to a new site. Angela (talk) 15:20, 8 May 2009 (UTC)
popups regarding new features
Not sure whether anybody noticed, but at least in some browsers (Firefox 3, Opera 9.6), that popup window for informing about new features (like a new widgets for adding categories) is displayed over the left lower corner of the editor and hence making editing in the lower left corner impossible. There any way to get rid off this annying behaviour?--Kmhkmh 22:40, 19 July 2009 (UTC)
hey! I just got your message for transferring my scratchpad onto a new wikia. Well its funny because I'm in the process of creating a new wikia, and the ability to transfer all the information would be very helpful. Maybe not right now but it would be great to know how to do that, anyway thank you so much.
I heard that you, Beasley, are one of the admins. Since I have an account now, with the name star651, and I tried making a test wiki, please give me the Scratchpad Admin rights, because I like test wikis, and real wikis. I want to be a Wikia staff guy as well! Star651 05:01, January 24, 2010 (UTC)
- Have you thought about making your own wiki instead? You can do that at wikia:special:createwiki and you'll automatically get adminship there. Angela (talk) 08:15, January 24, 2010 (UTC)
That's not what I meant. The reason I wanted to be a Scratchpad admin is because I wanted to decide on people's mini-wikis. If someone creates a mini-wiki that goes against Wikia guidelines, I would delete it, and, if it's really bad, ban them. I wanted to take part in control of mini-wikis, so please give me adminship here, because that's what I want to do. Star651 08:35, January 24, 2010 (UTC)
- That's rarely needed here. If you find something that's a problem, please contact staff about it and it can be removed. Angela (talk) 23:17, January 24, 2010 (UTC)
Please delete all articles/media files on Category:Charles in Charge
Is it reasonable to be protected? I don't think so. Can you unprotect it because it is no longer being vandalized? Slipknot Darkrai 22:33, February 1, 2011 (UTC)
- Is there a change you want to make to it? This is the logo for people using the old monobook skin. Angela 10:01, February 3, 2011 (UTC)
Hey this is desertodov the founder of RugbyWiki as you can guess from the name it's about rugby. If you could help contribute to making it bigger that would be a huge help thanks.
Hiya there. I know that I received an automated bot message, but I'm leaving a message here anyways. I already know how to make a wiki. I am well experienced with wikis and Wikimedia. In fact I have founded three on a seperate defunct account. Fear is the path to the Dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering! 21:31, January 2, 2012 (UTC)