- Nanako: The player's main character by default. Nanako is a red-haired young lass on her way to live in the Capitol.
- Serena/Selena: Playable main character. Serena is young blonde Noble hunting a stolen heirloom.
- -BETA- Ashley. Ashley is an ice mage who was on her way to train in the Capitol but who was captured and raped by bandits, She befriends Nanako after you rescue her but she still has trouble trusting people. She is currently being developed into a playable main character. To start a new game with Ashley, hold down the left shift key while selecting "new game", until the Ashley appears next to Nanako & Serena. Character creation is also available to Ashley.
- Nana: Daughter of Nanako with animalistic appearance. Red hair, tail; black drooping ears. Claims in dialogue that father is a beloved dog.
- Benetta. Benetta is a young, purple-haired witch who can be found in the Onsen Town branch of the Adventurers' Guild.
- Erika. Erika is an experienced one armed female adventurer that takes a liking to Nanako and helps her however she can.
- Ashley - See "Playable Characters" above.
- Rin/Lynn. Rin is the youthful captain of the Capitol's guards and is quite familiar with comments about her age and experience. A recent rash of gruesome murders have her rather perplexed, but that's not all that's worrying her...
- Erumiru/Elmire. Elmire is a small child you rescue from the slave market. Note: Not a huge amount of her story has been revealed. She latches onto Nanako when you rescue her and seems to think she's her mother.
- Handen: A spiky haired boy in white bandana whom you can find sitting inside Onsen town's guild building. He's the first recruit-able party member for Nanako.
- Amiri: She is an amnesiac fairy, you can pick her up in the Island town after you've done the fairy crystal quest. She will be on the beach at night (the kids playing nearby during the day will tell you that they sometimes hear crying from the beach). You can also get her in onsen town, if you say yes at the sign next to the lake on the right at the south entrance of onsen town. she will join you and increase you dmg, defence and experience gain. however it seems to cause you to jump into the future (story progresses without you really knowing what is happening since the onsen town guild is empty and many are injured in bed underground.) If anyone has any information on what accepting amira does, please correct this post as no other site or walkthrough seems to mention her.
- Sefiria/Sephiria. Sefiria is a single mother of two young boys living just outside the east gate of Onsen Town/Hot Spring Town who has placed a request with the Adventurers' Guild for a babysitter.
- Stallion. Stallion is an experienced adventurer of some fame and notoriety. He's rumored to be rather highly immoral.
- 'Bench Elf'; name unknown. This handsome blue-haired elf can often be found in Onsen Town sitting on the bench just outside the public toilet. Unfortunately for some, he prefers the company of other men. This is an easter egg of internet meme culture. Site related: Warning! This site contains homosexual content.
- Henry. Henry is a blue haired handsome guy who can be found beside the central fountain in Onsen Town.
- Mel. Mel is a young witch in Onsen Town, seemingly living on her own in vine covered house. As her house is littered with various books, she is quite knowledgeable, but you never really know what those quiet-types are into.
- Diggy. Diggy is the Guild Master at the Capitol branch of the Adventurers' Guild. Hating to be called 'Master,' she asks all she meets to call her by name.
- Hinano. Hinano is a young maid working in the Capitol public office. She pays special attention to all of Rin's needs.
- Pierre. Pierre is a young man who lives in the Capitol residential district. He keeps a Minotaur as his pet.
- Michiru. Michiru is a young witch whom you first met just outside the decrepit Inn in the dead village.
- Melisandre: A young witch with an interest in the dark arts whom is seeking large amounts of magic.