The code about Terrain Visualization is in package drcl.comp.tool.terrain. But first of all, you need to install of required software packages in order to run 3D Terrain Visualizer.
- Sun J2SE JDK 1.4.2 or later and setup CLASSPATH and PATH properly: http://java.sun.com/j2se/downloads.html
- Microsoft DirectX 8.0 or later: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.mspx
- Sun Java3D 1.3.1 for windows (DirectV Version): http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/3D/
- J-Sim with Sensor Network Extension: See Eclipse and SVN
- CyberVRML97 package written by Satoshi Konno and add cv97r140.jar to the CLASSPATH: http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/cv97java/cv97r140.jar
- The Global Land one-km Base Elevation Data (it is already included in the J-Sim package): http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/mgg/topo/gltiles.html
There is a J3D tutorial in my directory /home/jhou/yang25/sensor/j3d_tutorial. You can access it after you got an account on lion.cs.uiuc.edu.