Welcome to the Wake On LAN Windows Config mini wiki at Scratchpad!
You can use the box below to create new pages for this mini-wiki. Make sure you type
[[Category:Wake On LAN Windows Config]] on the page before you save it to make it part of the Wake On LAN Windows Config wiki (preload can be enabled to automate this task, by clicking this link and saving that page. Afterwards, you may need to purge this page, if you still see this message).
Wake On LAN Configuration in Windows XP
1. Open Control Panel->Network Connections
2. Right Clck You LAN adapter and click Properties.
3. Click Configure
4. In the Advanced tab, change the settings for Wake on Link and Wake on Magic Packet accordingly, if they are available.
5. Click OK, and then OK again. Don't restart.
6. Shut down and check if the network card lights are still lit. If not try upgrading the drivers.
Waking a Computer Remotely with WOL
In order to wake a shut-down computer with WOL properly configured, you need a program that can send the proper packets over your network. The following programs do this:
* LANDesk Client Manager, revision 3.10 or later, by Intel. This software comes with most WOL-compliant motherboards. * Magic Packet by Advanced Micro Devices (AMD). This software is a free download from AMD.