Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Walt Disney Classics was a brand name used by Walt Disney Home Video on their home video releases of Disney animated features. Up to 31 of these films existed back then, but only 20 made it to the Walt Disney Classics series.
Films under this brand
- Robin Hood (1984, 1986 and 1991)
- Pinocchio (1985, 1986 and 1993)
- Dumbo (1985, 1986 and 1991)
- The Sword in the Stone (1986 and 1991)
- Alice in Wonderland (1986 and 1991)
- Sleeping Beauty (1986)
- Lady and the Tramp (1987)
- Cinderella (1988)
- Bambi (1989)
- The Little Mermaid (1990)
- Peter Pan (1990)
- The Jungle Book (1991)
- The Rescuers Down Under (1991)
- Fantasia (1991)
- 101 Dalmatians (1992)
- The Great Mouse Detective (1992)
- The Rescuers (1992)
- Beauty and the Beast (1992)
- Aladdin (1993)
- The Fox and the Hound (1994)
Films not released under this brand
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
- Reason: Re-released in theaters in July 1993, and came out on VHS in 1994 after the brand ended.
- Saludos Amigos
- The Three Caballeros
- Reason: Released on VHS in 1987 during the presence of this brand, but only had the 1986 Walt Disney Home Video logo.
- Make Mine Music
- Fun and Fancy Free
- Reason: First released on VHS from 1982-1983, long before its 1997 re-release.
- Melody Time
- The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad
- Reason: Only released on laserdisc (never on VHS) in 1992.
- The Aristocats
- Reason: Re-released in theaters in 1987, but never got a VHS release until 1996.
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Reason: First released on VHS from 1981-1983, long before its 1996 re-release.
- The Black Cauldron
- Reason: First seen in theaters in 1985, but never got a VHS release until 1998.
- Oliver & Company
- Reason: Re-released in theaters in March 1996.