Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Walt Disney Masterpiece Collection (Walt Disney Coleccion Maestra in Spanish) is a line of VHS Videos and Laserdiscs released by Walt Disney Home Video since October 28, 1994. The Spanish Counterparts begins selling as of April 14, 1995.
Films under this brand
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (October 28, 1994)
- Dumbo (1994-1999)
- Alice in Wonderland (1994-1999)
- Robin Hood (1994-1999)
- The Sword in the Stone (1994-1999)
- Mary Poppins (1994-1999)
- The Three Caballeros (1994-1996)
- Pete's Dragon (1994-1999)
- So Dear to My Heart (1994-1996)
- Bedknobs and Broomsticks (1994-1996)
- The Lion King (March 3, 1995)
- Cinderella (October 4, 1995)
- Pocahontas (February 28, 1996)
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (March 27, 1996)
- The Aristocats (April 24, 1996)
- Oliver & Company (September 25, 1996)
- Bambi (February 4, 1997)
- The Hunchback of Notre Dame (March 4, 1997)
- Fun and Fancy Free (July 15, 1997)
- Sleeping Beauty (September 16, 1997)
- The Jungle Book (October 14, 1997)
- Hercules (February 3, 1998)
- Peter Pan (March 3, 1998)
- The Little Mermaid (March 31, 1998)
- Melody Time (June 2, 1998)
- The Black Cauldron (August 4, 1998)
- Lady and the Tramp (September 15, 1998)
- Mulan (February 2, 1999)
- 101 Dalmatians (March 9, 1999)
- The Rescuers (March 23, 1999)
- The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad (May 25, 1999)
Other animated films released during this brand's presence
- A Goofy Movie (September 6, 1995)
- Aladdin and the King of Thieves (August 13, 1996)
- Toy Story (October 29, 1996)
- Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas (November 11, 1997)
- Pocahontas II: Journey to a New World (August 4, 1998)
- The Lion King II: Simba's Pride (October 27, 1998)
- A Bug's Life (April 20, 1999)
- Copies of the 1994 VHS of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs printed in Summer 1994 contain the 1986 Walt Disney Home Video logo because the brand was either not yet introduced, or the Walt Disney Masterpiece Collection logo's animation wasn't complete yet.
- Copies of the 1996 VHS of Pocahontas printed in mid December 1995 contain the 1989 Walt Disney Classics logo due to video editing error. 2 years after the Walt Disney Classics series were expired in 1994.
- Some videos under this brand do not carry the Walt Disney Masterpiece Collection logo at all, such as The Lion King, The Little Mermaid, Mulan and 101 Dalmatians.
- Mary Poppins was seen with new cover artwork from 1997 to 1999. Not only that, the 1990 Walt Disney Pictures logo was always seen in place of the film's original Buena Vista Distribution logo from 1964.
- During the second half of 1999, Alice in Wonderland and Robin Hood were seen in stores with new cover artwork.
- Also intended for release as the very last two titles under this brand were The Great Mouse Detective (August 31, 1999) and Pinocchio (October 26, 1999), but the brand was discontinued before these videos even hit stores.