This is PB&Jotterisnumber1's concept on what would PB&J Otter be like if it was created in the 1980s. Please remember that this is currently under construction.
If the said show was created in the 1980s, it would be an anime series aimed at a preschool audience produced by TMS Entertainment. It would premiere on TV Tokyo on May 21st, 1985 and would air its last episode on November 16th, 1987. In February 1988, DiC Entertainment would dub the anime to English. From September 1988 through September 1991, the English dub would air on ABC in the United States. From 1992 to 1993, it would later air on The Family Channel (US). From 1996 until 2003, it would be shown airing on The Disney Channel. In Canada, it would air on Family Channel from January 1997 to 2005.
- Unlike the 1998 version, the 1985 anime version would have a different art style resembling TMS' other anime at the time.
- The character appearances would have some differences. For example, Peanut Otter's fur would be orange instead of red, Baby Butter would sport a light blue pacifier. and Jelly Otter's hair would be in a side ponytail. Every character would be barefoot, only wearing shoes in certain conditions.
- A 1-minute long musical segment called Kaiketsusaku o Mitsukeru! (Meaning Find a Solution!) would take the Noodle Dance's place, still using the same concept. The characters appearing in the segment would sing it together while dancing in different ways.
- The technology in The Snooties' mansion would be based on innovations of the 1980's.
- The series would contain two main villains, unlike the 1998 version: Grizzle Bear and Sizzle Hare