About who we think will attend the FIC Art of Community Event. The event will attract participation from a few different constituencies;
- Actual Intentional Communities, mostly in Seattle area, but will reach out strongly to all WA, as well as OR & BC
- NICA has mined the FIC Directory to develop strong information on these groups. It also has listing for a number of communities that are not in the directory
- The Coho/US Directory is de-coupling from the FIC Directory, and may develop independent lists of Cohousing Communities and Projects in Formation between now and the event
- Organizations that support community or sustainability
- Syd Fredrickson appears well connected to these orgs
- Organizations that offer goods and services relating to community
- Cohousing companies
- There are may various broader community service orgs
- Organizations that offer goods and services which relating to sustainability
- Many companies offer products that sell themselves as sustainable
- People living in community
- Coho/US maintains a database of individuals who've contacted either that organization or one of a few collaborating cohousing companies
- FIC has databases of FIC members, people who have bought stuff from them, and possibly people who have attended past events
- People who are interested in living in community or supporting intentional communities more broadly
- Again, Coho/US and FIC will be core resources for these
- People interested in sustainability issues
- Its likely that there are many social entrepeneurs that would be included in this bucket
- People interested in alternative energy, Peak Oil, etc.??
- People interested in organic gardening, permaculture, etc.??
- People interested in health and wellbeing??