Smash Bros. Dojo is the official website for Super Smash Bros. Brawl. It is located at www.smashbros.com. The site has undergone two different forms, a bare bones website and a new, revamped site with daily updates. Masahiro Sakurai, the creator of the games, writes these updates
Original site: May 10, 2006-May 22, 2007Edit
The original site caused confusion as to whether the US name of the game was Brawl or Dojo. The site only featured profiles for Mario, Link, Kirby, Samus, Pikachu, Wario, Meta Knight, Pit, and Snake, and was updated only one other time, to add the profile for Fox. The site was replaced in May 2007.
New site: May 22, 2007-January 31, 2008Edit
The new version of the site features updates every weekday from Masahiro Sakurai. The site features updates in several categories:
- Characters, which includes character profiles, Final Smashes, and special moves
- How to Play, which includes basic rules as well as techniques
- Game Modes, which includes control types and mechanics as well as the Adventure Mode updates
- Stages, which includes playable stages
- Items, which includes normal items as well as Poké Ball Pokémon and Assist Trophies
- Music, which includes music to be included in the game
- Notices, which includes information about the game's release.
Site revamp: January 31, 2008-April 14, 2008Edit
When the game was released in Japan, the Dojo was revamped again. Daily updates in the seven categories continued, but in a new format. Posts only appeared by name on the front page and must be clicked to see the full update. Unlockable characters, stages, and game modes are under ??? posts to avoid spoilers. The game's boxart appears in the background of the site.
Characters revealed on the siteEdit
Until August 1, only returning characters were revealed through the site. The following is a list:
- Returning characters
- Donkey Kong
- Ice Climbers
- New characters
- Pokémon Trainer
- Diddy Kong
- King Dedede
Sakurai held a poll on the Japanese site during 2006 to see who the most wanted characters were. The results of this poll are posted below. Bolded characters are confirmed newcomers. Only the top ten characters are listed.
Wind Waker/Cel-Shaded Link
|Super Smash Bros. Brawl|
Official Site - Trailers
|Playable Characters - Final Smash Attacks - Subspace Emissary - Stages - Items - Assist Trophies - Music - Included Franchises|